Position Description: Empirico, a biotechnology company that combines unmatched expertise in human genetics-driven target discovery with world-class capabilities in siRNA drug discovery, is looking for a motivated Scientific/Medical Writer who collaborates with members of cross-functional teams to contribute to and prepare high-quality pre-clinical study reports and required regulatory documents within agreed-upon timelines. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized individual to be a vital member of a team of experts dedicated to identifying new disease targets and translating those insights into therapeutic programs.
Your responsibilities will include creating scientific and medical documents in various formats, carefully reviewing processed data, planning and organizing, establishing effective working interactions with scientific and project management teams, and efficiently producing high-quality deliverables. You will be expected to –
- Work with program leaders and scientists to generate new and revise existing pre-clinical study reports and other scientific/medical communications
- Draft and edit documents obtained from both internal and external pre-clinical studies to aggregate and report safety and efficacy information
- Manage document reviews and adjudication of comments on procedures and associated forms and templates by liaising with program leaders and scientists
- Act as quality control specialist in reviewing processed data and ensuring accuracy in data reporting
- Adhere to company procedures/practices and industry standards
- Track timelines and status of document development and review
- Minimum BS/BA in a scientific or technical discipline (advanced degree preferred)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience required in scientific writing with a strong preference for those with similar work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Expert MS Office skills with a special focus on word processing, tables, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and templates
- Hands-on experience in using GraphPad Prism and Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to critically analyze and synthesize complex scientific data and information
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Extensive experience in applying writing style guidelines and standards
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
The estimated base salary range for this role is $70,000 to $100,000. Individual compensation decisions will be based on various factors, such as primary work location, complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. We offer a wide range of benefits including a retirement savings plan (with company match), paid vacation, holidays, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
About Empirico: Empirico is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel medicines which mimic the effects of naturally-occurring genetic variants that confer favorable effects on health and disease. Empirico’s two foundational technology platforms – the Precision Insights Platform™ for genetically-validated target discovery and the siRCH™ platform for the discovery and development of siRNA medicines – are used separately and in tandem to enable Empirico and our collaborators from the discovery and validation of novel targets to clinically-viable therapeutics. Empirico’s exceptional internal capabilities, augmented by those of its partners, are driving the advancement of a growing and differentiated pipeline of wholly-owned and partnered programs. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with a major second site in Madison, WI.
We’re striving to build a strong culture of inclusivity, transparency and collaboration at Empirico, where our diverse and equitable workforce is empowered to contribute to our mission. We always seek the best candidate for the position and encourage you to apply even if your experience or qualifications don’t match up exactly with the job description. Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To All Agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.